LATCH THAT CATCHES

A quick learner says:
The latch itself ours measures 1 1/2". Can you order?
mine is plastic.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LATCH.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This style reminds me of our 83-126 Screen Door Latch. Compare the dimensions below with your existing hardware and see if you agree.

Alternate image for 83-126
Alternate image for 83-126

A home owner from Buffalo, NY says:
Good afternoon! I have a slider door I purchased through Lowes that has this exact door latch. The issue is the old hardware that this latch would click into doesn't seem to hold the metal part of the latch. Is there another piece of hardware that can be used to allow the latch to click in place, and use the lock feature? Right now the door slides open and shut from the wind since it doesn't click into place. I have something similar to your 85-001 part in place, but as I mentioned the latch doesn't click into place. Looking for something to put in place of the 85-001 part. Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that we don't sell one particular type of keeper that works with this screen door handle. There are several types that may work, depending on the space available.

That said the 85-001 keeper is one of the more popular choices, so it's unfortunate to hear that it didn't work. Another option that's fairly common is our 85-011, though this is unfortunately not a guarantee. I'm sorry to say that without seeing the original keeper as a reference, I won't be able to narrow down the list any further than that. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.