Looking at 38-174 but have a question

A handy person from Seattle says:
I am looking to replace a old window cam handle with this product. One noticeable difference between my old one and this one is that the height from the base to the top part of the handle. Mine measured less than 1 inch, whereas yours is 1 1/4". Will that be a potential problem?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

We do carry another lock similar to the 38-155, but the base to the top of the handle is also over 1". I wonder if it could be that you have an older style. I recommend checking to see if the base where it locks is the same as yours. 

We would also be happy to take a look at the hardware in question if you can upload some photos along with the measurements. 

A handy person from Seattle says:
Mine is definitely the older style. I measured the distance between the 2 screw holes and it is 1.5 inches, so the 38-174 seems to be the better fit. I have also attached a picture of my broken handle. The measurement from the base to the top of the handle is less than 1 inch. Do you have any more feedback on whether that maybe problematic? I do not want to buy a few of these and turns out they won't work and then have to return them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window cam handle
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The 38-174 handle could be taller to get a better grip on it. I would think the base and the lip on the locking part height are what would be the important measurements. Can you write out the height measurements of the base and lip? 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.