Looking for 2.5" long, 5/16" Wide Pivot Bar with Marking 1074

A home owner from Summit, NJ says:

26-412roken window sash pivot bar? Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any markings indicating the brand of the windows.

I'm looking for a pivot bar that is 2.5" long with a 5/16" width. The front protruding part (I'm not sure what to call it) goes out 5/16" and there is a part 1074 marking on it. I originally searched on your site and subsequently purchased part # 26-412, which was very close however the holes were unthreaded (part # 26-412) whereas mine are threaded. I'm not sure of the exact screw thread but there is a 5 marking and it seems like it could logically be a number #5 thread.

Alternatively, if there is no part meeting those exact specifications, is it possible for me to use the part 26-412, perhaps with a nut or something similar to keep it in place?

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Graham

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello there, Graham. You did in fact pick the correct pivot bar, our 26-412. The threads on these bar are made by the self tapping screws the window manufacturer used for your window. In your first photo, it shows the bottom of the screw with the cut thread. 

Thanks John -

That's good to know. The threads on the existing/broken pivot bar were a tad smaller. The screw fit directly through the hole and had a bit of wiggle room on each side. I can purchase new ones to fit part #26-412. Can you please tell me what size machine-screw I should purchase for #26-412?

Kind Regards,

Graham

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You can actually purchase the self-tapping stainless screw from us, our 33-096. The dimensions are 8-32 X 3/8". If not, you can always retrieve these at your local hardware store.

Hi Paul -

Thank you so much and apologies for not responding sooner. I think I missed this last post and had already picked up the screws from my hardware store. The parts fit perfectly and my windows are finally opening and closing again! I really appreciate all of your help.

Best,
Graham
A handy person from US says:
Broke the pivot bars on a window I picked up at Lowes 15 year ago. Found marking 1074 on the long part of the pivot bar. Based on this discussion I picked a few up. Installed in 5 minutes working perfect. Do yourself a favor and buy the recommended self tapping screws. The originals would not have worked. This will save yourself a trip to the store. These parts saved me a few hundred dollars.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.