Looking for replacement Handle

A handy person from Grapeview, WA says:

I purchased a home about a year ago that was built in the early 80's. The above photos show the window casement operators. I took the one out that has a broken handle and found it was stamped Truth Hardware. One photo shows to good operator in use in another room and the other obviously is the broken Handle. The broken one had a number on it (30092) on the two short arms.

I would like to buy a handle or two that would fit this. If not maybe a replacement operator.. the two arms attached to the operator handle area measure 10" from pin to pin. The two shorter arms with the number 30092 and attached to the longer arms measure 6" from pin to pin. Finally, the last arm that attaches to window measures 10 1/2" pin to pin.

Also, if possible can you tell me how to remove the cap that is covering the handle and operating arm connections? I tried prying with putty knife and tapping with mallet but wasn't sure if I would break it with harder more pressure.

Thank you,

Tom

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C044DA12-592D-468B-81AD-0666F1A1D7BE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 30F1B6E7-AE4D-47BC-80E9-49A74FA54B27.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Tom. I'm sorry to say that the levers aren't sold separately, nor can they be repaired once they break. You will need an all new operator mechanism in each instance.

Reviewing your photos, my top recommendation is our 39-070. However I suggest looking over our dimensions just to ensure that the arms are the same size. 

Dimensions for 39-070
Dimensions for 39-070

As for removing the trim, the process you described is the best method. The video below will show you how we do it. Just note that there is a risk of cracking these if you're too firm, so you have to be careful about that. You want to be gentle, but firm.

A handy person from Grapeview, WA says:
Thanks Tom? your 39-070 matches perfect! Shall I just order through your website or through you?

Thanks again and appreciate your great service!

Tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I can't place an order for you here, but you can place an order on our site at your convenience.

We really appreciate your consideration, it means a lot! Best of luck on your project and please let me know if we can be of any further assistance. 

How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.