Looking for replacement window rollers

A home owner from Vista, California says:
Hi Swisco Part Team - I am desperate! Home was built in Vista, California, in 1989. I have tried 2 orders from your website and two rollers from Home Depot. I cannot figure it out. Thank you! -JT
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190430_160551.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190430_160659.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190430_160711.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190430_160721.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190430_160732.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I believe this exact roller is no longer made. We suggest that you review the specifications of the 87-196 and see if this could work as a substitute for you.

Hi Bob - Thank you for the information. I have already attempted 87-196 and it was too wide.

Since you an expert, one last question if you do not mind? What do people do in these situations? I have several stuck or hard to move windows and they all need new window rollers.

Given the replacement parts are no long manufactured, what would you do?

Thank you, JT
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings, JT. Bob brought this to my attention. I believe your exact roller assembly is no longer made, but I believe the 87-173 could be used as a possible replacement. Look over the dimensions and let us know what you think. 

Hi Paul - Thank you for the suggestion. I tried 87-173 this weekend; unfortunately, it did not work. The slot has almost zero tolerance for play.

I understand this might be out of your support areas, but curious, as you are the only professional I know regarding windows, at this point, is the only option to replace the window frame?

Thank you, Jonathan

Profile picture of Paul

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. I don't think we'll have anything closer.

I don't think it's time to replace the window frame yet. I always hate for it to have to come to that, but there are other avenues you can explore beforehand. I think your next step should be to contact a local mom and pop type hardware store, preferably a shop with history. They ought to be familiar with homes in your are and, if they don't have old stock lying around, they may be able to at least point you in the right direction.

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate both of your input and suggestions. You can close this ticket. Have a great day! - JT
Profile picture of Paul

You got it! If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. We will try our best to help in any way we can.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.