Lower sash balanve

A quick learner from Chocowinity, NC says:
MW vinyl tilt-in double-hung unit
Balance is broken on lower sash left hand side. Connection at top broken off at the top and still stuck in the window side frame - appears to just snap in??
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 934852E1-2FF5-4DC9-B7C6-9FB407DB8FE5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D53943DE-BF16-42B2-A4CC-419EF7762BB4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E813841C-AC6D-4B70-9D6D-710A85EEE98C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 716DFAD5-C9AE-4456-839F-5A77E644B3CD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C1EEA0BF-78C5-4A0C-BB54-3DE18F1437FF.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out. Your channel balance appears to be an older version of our cross-bow style channel balances. It is designed similarly to our Series 795 Channel Balances and it looks like they are 23" in length. So you'll need the S795-23 To select the correct stamp option, you'll need to obtain the weight of your sash. Then use that weight to select your stamp based on the weight ranges on the chart below the product description.

This balance it comes equipped with a screw clip on the top of the balance as well as a 1-1/4" T-Lock Balance shoe. So, you'll need the 26-200 screw plug to install the balance to the window.

Also, please confirm that the diameter of your balances is 1/2". If they are not, then we'll need to take a look at another solution. Although, I am confident this is what you'll need.

A quick learner from Chocowinity, NC says:
Thank you, Jasmine. Your info is very helpful.
I have added one more photo to verify the length. My old ones have the plastic clips mentioned in the video and it was still stuck in the window. I pulled it out and laid it in place. I understood the video to say ignore the clip and round down (22 in this case) - but I will follow your lead!! This photo is taken measuring from the bottom of the shoe.
The weight of the lower sash is 13#. I will need a pair of balances and screw clips.
As I'm doing this, I might as well replace the uppers - they look cracked. Same style, just different color clips. The uppers are 2" shorter regardless of how you round, and that sash is 12#. I will need a pair of balances and screw clips there as well.
The shoe is 1-1/4".
The balance is 1/2" diameter.

Thank you so much!
Scott
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

My sincerest apologies the 23" measurement I wrote in my previous post was a typo and I did mean to suggest the 22" Balances. That being said, you'll need the S795-22 with a 22B stamp for a 13lb window. These balances come equipped with a screw clip on the top of the balance and comes equipped with the 15-195, 1-1/4" T-Lock Balance Shoe.

To identify the other balance for the upper sash, you'll need to obtain the same information from those balances to determine the correct replacements. Which means you'll need to remove them from the window. 

Then, as detailed above, to select the correct stamp option, you'll need to use the weight of your sash and compare them weight ranges on the chart below the product description for the balance.

You'll need to use the website to purchase these balances once you've confirmed all of the correct information. If you need assistance with placing the order, you may call (888) 991-1929 to speak with a member of customer service.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.