MI Window Balances

A quick learner from Monroe Township,NJ 08831 says:

Looking to replace three window balances in MI windows they measure 34 1/2" high and 33" wide the springs are broken on the balances and they have a number 740 stamped on them . Replacing the springs would repair the balances in these older windows. Would need six of the 740 coil springs if you have them.

Thank You

Ken

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! There is a good chance that we can supply you with the replacement balances you need. I'll just need see a photo of the balance assembly removed from the window. Unfortunately, I cannot identify them based on the stamp from the coil alone.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A quick learner from Monroe Township,NJ 08831 says:
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20231031_120605581.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20231031_120629486.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! Your coil balance pivot shoe looks a lot like our 15-180, although it is slightly different in design. These are compatible with the Series 190 Coil Balance Spring. Specifically, you'll need the S190-740.

I've linked a few of the other compatible parts as well.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.