MW Twinseal Window Balances

A home owner from Virginia says:
My house was built in 1999 that has MW Twinseal Vinyl Double Hung Windows. MW Item#56546. The window balances are broke in one window. The picture in the window shows a number 5900SB. What is the part replacement that I need to replace both balances?
Thank you,
Dawn
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230624_123718.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230624_120848.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230624_121333.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230624_121347.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230624_122725.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Dawn. It looks like the outer tube of your old spiral balance was 25" in length. If so, you need either the S900-25 3/8" diameter balance, or the S600-25 5/8" diameter balance. You'll need to measure the diameter of your old balance's outer tube to confirm which balance you need. You'll then have to choose a color tip option, which basically indicates the weight range the spiral balance supports. Your old balance has a white tip we do not use; to know what color option to pick, weigh the window sash these spiral balances support. You can then match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed next to each color tip option under the product description of either the S600-25 or S900-25 shop page. 

As to the other parts you show: for the pivot shoe (the plastic block that the spiral rod connects to, and from which the window sash pivots), there's quite a few different possible options. The best thing to do is to remove the old shoe and measure its width and thickness. Give us those exact dimensions and we should be able to narrow down what shoe you need. The video below shows how to remove and replace pivot shoes. 

Finally, the pivot bar, or the metal pin in the bottom corner of the sash that connects to the pivot shoe, looks like an older version of the 26-366. I think this newer version will be compatible with your setup, but identifying the pivot shoe will determine that. Send us the measurements of the shoe removed from the window, and let us know if you have any further questions. 
Please see attached photos of the pivot bar measurements (2) and the balance diameter (1). Do I need the 26-366 pivot bar? It looks like I need the S900-25 3/8" diameter balance. Please confirm. My sash weight is 16 lbs. What color tip option do I need?
Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230627_110611.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230627_110738.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230627_102347.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

I still think the 26-366 is our best match for the pivot bar, yes. Unfortunately, I still need more data on the pivot shoe before I can say for sure. That was the piece I needed to see removed, not the bar. Would that still be possible? I just need to know its width and thickness. Seeing an undamaged version would also be preferable.

I do agree that you have our S900-25 balance, yes. With a sash weight of 16 pounds, you can use the Red Tip option.

Attached is the data on the pivot shoe. Does this help you determine the replacement parts that I will need? The one in the window is operational. Please let me know the parts I need. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230814_142459.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230814_142517.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230814_142637.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230814_142600.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230814_142111.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

That's perfect, thank you! This shoe appears to be a match for our 15-219. I think this may be exactly what you want but look over its dimensions to verify.

Dimensions for 15-219
Dimensions for 15-219

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.