Marvin casement window parts

A handy person from Orchard Park, NY says:
Window is 16" w x 31" h, a small casement. Opens to left. Ring gear on the operator shaft pops out. I drove it in and it stays provided the window is used gently. Believe I need the complete assembly and hope you can verify that. Included the numbered arms for your benefit. Have others but this is most important as in midst of a remodel.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6EE95CA5-F95B-4906-8617-4B10563A56CA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B619ABFF-04E6-4374-8C37-1B2813498F0A.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Check out our 39-036. Does this look like a possible match? You might also want to check out our 39-035, its opposite handed partner.

It appears the 39-036 will work since it matches my photo. Do you agree? I found that these windows are termed right or left handed based on which direction they open when viewed from outdoors. Is that correct?

I also need a lock and keeper and the 38-075 and 38-089 look like they will work. The number on the one in the picture is 30386. I'm not sure how it is non-handed. Will the video show that? What is the difference between the 38-075 and the 38-170 beside the huge price difference as that one seems to be a fit also?

I'll also be ordering the 39-107 cover and 39-114L crank handle which I believe will work with the operator above. Hopefully all parts are available in white.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I hope to return for more parts once this project is complete.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 86126AC9-E065-44FA-AD91-1D4B3A046C40.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 671B8A94-03DC-486D-A96D-90650C3A8B97.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 41399742-0B9B-469B-A912-4832BB4CB855.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree with you and Dave, our 39-036 looks like a close match to the operator in your photo. As long as our dimensions match then you should be good to go.

"Right" and "Left" is defined differently from manufacturer to manufacturer, and even in the same company from part to part. You'll tear your hair out trying to find one consistent definition of those two terms in this industry. Don't even bother; instead, focus on the design features of the hardware in question. Look at what side of the operator the gears are on, or the arms. That's how you determine the best match. For example, between the 38-036 and 38-035, the setup of your operator looks closest to the 38-036 since the gears are on the same side.

As for the 38-075 and 38-170, the biggest feature of the 38-170 is that it has a special 1/2" long post on the locking mechanism. The 38-075 doesn't even have a post, and since yours doesn't appear to, either, then I think you have your answer.

I want to compare dimensions of the 39-036 to my old operator before I order. Where do I find them?
Also I don't understand how the 38-075 is made to be non handed. Can you explain it? Thanks for your helpful guidance.
Profile picture of Tom

All dimensions for the 39-036 can be found on their store page. If you look under the main image, you'll see a couple of thumbnails. Clicking on a thumbnail will make that the primary image. I'll also post them here for your convenience. As you can see, there are really only two dimensions you need to be concerned about.

Dimensions for 39-035
Dimensions for 39-035
You just flip the 38-075 over, yes. There's no trick to it besides making sure that the keeper is positioned properly.
Thanks for all the help. I'll be placing an order shortly for this project and be back for parts to repair other windows. This is a great system but it only works with knowledgeable people like all of you. Thanks so much for all your help.

One more question. Do you sell complete replacement screens for casement windows? The dimensions of the aluminum frame are 12 7/16" W x 27 3/16" H.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm very happy to hear that we were able to help you! We really appreciate you ordering with us and would love to hear how it goes.

Unfortunately, we do not sell replacement screens at this time. Sorry we can't offer anything on that front!

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.