Mastic Casement Window Lock replacement

A home owner from Glastonbury, CT, USA says:
My builder put in Mastic windows in a new home in 2001. The right window lock handle has fallen off. The receptacle (brass color) inside the window structure is loose and moving around. I have attached three pictures:

1. Left window handle intact
2. Loose handle with scale for measurement
3. Receptacle for the loose handle

I'm interested in ordering the lock housing for the right window with handle. Please let me know if this is something you have, how much it costs and return policy in case it does not fit.

Regards,
Samir
User submitted photos of window locks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You will have to remove the existing locks from your windows to get a good look at them. In the meantime, check out our 38-138 and 38-139. Check the dimensions of both and compare them with your sample. They are neutral and can be used on left or right side.
A quick learner from Glastonbury, CT says:
Thanks! 38-139 seems to be real close in dimensions although the handle swing out dimension seems to be a bit larger. Do you know if this can be used to replace Mastic brand locks? Also, could I return it if it does not fit?

Again - thanks. The handyman is coming in this week and I will show him this info.

Samir
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not totally familiar with the Mastic brand, but these locks appear to be our best options. I think if the specs match up, I think they're a great place to start! As for returning hardware, see our Return Policy for more information.
A home owner from Connecticut says:
Hi,

I did order the Roto Multi-Point Lock, 37MM Fork. However, the screws from my old Mastic locking handle do not fit (just a bit big). Can you tell me the screw size so I can pick it up at a local hardware store? Thanks!

Samir
I would use a #8 screw; either a sheet metal type or an 8-32 machine type with a thread cutting point. Check the length of the screw you have now. I believe it should be around 3/4" long, but just make sure. To give you some idea of what type screw it may be, see our 33-090.
A quick learner from CT says:
Dave, thanks for responding. I tried #8 sheet metal screws but the thread does not match. What I picked up matches exactly the description of 33-090. I wanted to recheck which screw goes into the back of your 38-139 lock handle which I purchased from your site. Thanks!

Samir
The 38-139 lock holes are not threaded, which is why we use a #8 sheet metal screw. You have to self tap the screw into the lock base. You could purchase a "machine" type screw with a 8-32 thread, but then you would also need to purchase a "tap" set to make the machine thread.
A quick learner from Farmington CT says:
I have the same windows. I know it's a decade later but mine just broke. I ordered the 38-139 with the 33-090. I ordered a couple extra for the future
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2096.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2095.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's great! Thanks for the order, it means a lot. Please feel free to reach out to us after the project is done, we'd love to hear how it went. We're also of course more than happy to help with any questions you may have.

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.