Matching a pivot pins to shoe H 3786

A handy person from Raleigh nc says:
Please let me know which pins will be a fit. Thank you, Lena
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Lena. Unfortunately I can't cross-reference that code to anything in our database. At any rate, the proper pivot bar does not depend just on the shoe, but how the pivot bar fits into the window sash as well. Because of this it's best to just send us pictures of an undamaged pivot bar removed from the window for us to see. We should be able to narrow this down for you from there. 

A home owner from Raleigh nc says:
Hi, Bob. Sure, thanks for your reply. Please see the picture. Also, is there a trick for removing old, rusty screws...besides lubrication, and trying to push them through...?
Thanks again,
Lena
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231022_180849.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks, Lena, this photo is a huge help. My top recommendation here would be the 26-297. I suggest reviewing its specs to verify, but I feel pretty confident this is going to be a winner. Let me know if your dimensions differ in a significant way.

As for removing rusted screws, letting them soak in WD-40 overnight is my preferred method. We have a video that will offer more insight.

Alternate image for 26-297
Alternate image for 26-297

Thanks a lot for your reply. I appreciate your help!
Profile picture of Bob

You're very welcome. Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

Hi, Bob.

I was wondering if you knew what kind of screw would work with these pivot bars? My old screws are slightly too thin for the bar...

Thanks again,

Lena
Profile picture of Bob

Sure! Many customers in the past have used our 33-096 self-tapping screw to install the 26-297.

The perfect fit! Thank you:)
Profile picture of Bob

That's fantastic news! Thanks again for reaching out to us. If you needed assistance or advice on any other window project in the future, you know where to find us.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.