Metal bifold door guides

A handy person from Arlington Heights IL says:

Hi. Helping a friend the house was built mid 60s and has these door guides.

Where can I find these? Doors are very hard to close and bind as these guides don't seem to ride in the track very well anymore unless I am missing more hardware. The bottoms of the doors don't really float well in the bottom track and the metal part of the guide not that nylon pin rides on top of the track and just scrapes along.

Thank you.

Jeff T

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 09FA0386-06F7-42D3-A89E-67336B383016.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 06BE168D-139E-4534-B88F-17492DEFDADB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3432116D-D155-4E1B-ABEA-A174A84E1DFE.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Jeff. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this part. it almost looks like some kind of surface-mount bifold door pin. Most of our pins are mounted inside the door and are pretty specific in size and design. I actually like what you have here, it looks like it'd be easier to deal with, but I'm sorry to say that nothing in our inventory matches. I think your best bet would be to see if you can get a hold of the original manufacturer directly, if they're still in business. I apologize for the inconvenience.

A handy person from Arlington Heights IL says:
Hi thank you for returning my questions. This pin or guide is actually mounted on the back of the door on the top and bottom.
I saw on your site parts 23-020 and 21-214. I also saw this too from another post and it looks like these were recommended.
What are your thoughts on these 2 parts? THey look like they will work.

Thanks Jeff
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Wow, now that you mention it, the 23-020 looks very close. I'm sorry for overlooking this before; this is admittedly not a part I have a lot of experience with. 

I'm suddenly a lot more optimistic. Re-educating myself on this part some, I can see that it uses the 21-283 cap to install into the track. This cap had a 5/8" diameter, which is important since that's what needs to fit into the track to slide. If the diameter of your old nylon cap is also 5/8" then I think this is a very promising solution.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.