Mi casement 9700 series

A quick learner says:

Hello can you recommend a replacement operator for a mi 9700 vinyl casement window. The arm is stamped roto 14k523 if that helps.

Thank you

Edward

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Edward. We've associated that window with a few different types of operators, and I am afraid I can't cross-reference the code on the arm to anything in our database. The best thing to do is send pictures of the operator. I will need to see the entire mechanism, including the link arm(s) that push and pull the window sash. A bird's eye view with the window open is best. From there we'll do our best to find what you need. Many thanks. 

A quick learner says:
See photos. Hope this helps
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8584.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8585.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8583.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8582.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us, these photos are a huge help. The bad news is that I'm having trouble finding an exact match.

Looking at the design of the arms alone, I'm strongly reminded of our 39-326, which is a ROTO part. Note the offset in the link arm and its orientation in regards to the gear arm. The only detail I'm not sure about is the style of the connection point at the end of your link arm; ours has a downward-facing pin, but yours is too obscured to make out.

Another major concern is the size of the screw base. Yours seems like it's much wider than ours (which is just about 3-1/4", give or take). Can you check that detail for me? You will find it easier to compare it to our 39-326 if you were to remove it from your window entirely. At this stage, many important details are still obscured so long as it's installed. I think the 39-326 is close, but I'm not convinced.

Dimensions for 39-326
Dimensions for 39-326

Side profile view with measurements
Side profile view with measurements

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.