Milgard Ultrafiberglass White Cam Lock

A home owner from San Francisco, CA says:
Hi,
The lock on my window broke and I would like to replace it. Milgard is not being very helpful.

I have attached two pictures. Let me know if you have the part. Thanks!

Kris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3811.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3738 2.JPG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Kris,

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can supply you with the sweep lock you need to repair your sash. Although, there are a few measurements I'll need to confirm the best possible replacement.

Please confirm the dimensions for the distance between the installation holes as well as the backset dimensions. The backset is the measurement from the center of the hole to the back of the sweep lock.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

The distance between the installation holes is 2"

I'm a little confused about the backset. I'm not sure if the back of the lock faces the window or not, so I am providing two measurements.

The distance from the center of the hole of the lock to the side of the lock facing the glass is 5/16"

The distance from the center of the hole of the lock to the side of lock opposite of the window (the curved side) is 9/16"

Hello,

Thanks for confirming and sorry about the confusion. In regard to the backset, I am referring to the measurement from the center of the lock to the part that sits against the window. Please take a look at the diagram below for reference.

Alternate image for 90-286
Alternate image for 90-286

Thank you for the diagram. The backseat measurement is 3/8"

I'm happy to help! We do not carry a replacement sweep lock that quite fits your dimensions but I believe either our 90-077C or our 90-161 may be a fit for your sash. Be sure to double and triple check the dimensions to confirm which of these might be a fit.

Dimensions for 90-077C
Dimensions for 90-077C

Detail of 90-161
Detail of 90-161

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.