Milgard crank window lock replacement

A handy person from Sammamish, WA says:
I have sent 3 pictures from an operable window lock mechanism for Milgard crank windows. I need to replace two that have a broken lock handle. Am I correct in assuming that the lock handle will fit either left or right locking?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window Hardware
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! Your casement window operator looks like it could be the 38-095 Maxim Multi-Point Lock, with a medium slider. To determine if this is the correct replacement you'll need to carefully compare the dimensions for each of them. 

You are correct in your assumption; they can be used for either the right an left side.

Alternate view of 38-095
Alternate view of 38-095

Alternate view of 38-095
Alternate view of 38-095

The plastic handle plate appears to be the 38-158 Roto Locking Handle Plate. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm the dimensions from your photo.

Alternate image for 38-158
Alternate image for 38-158

Alternate view of 38-158
Alternate view of 38-158

I also happened to notice that the lock bar guide, installed to the tie bar, appears to be damaged. I believe yours can be replaced with the 39-265 Lock Bar Guide. Although, you'll need to confirm the dimensions to be sure.

Detail of 39-265
Detail of 39-265

Top view of 39-265
Top view of 39-265

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.