Missing Keeper

A handy person from Spokane, WA says:
Hi. I am renting a house that thad a pet door panel installed in part of the sliding glass patio door track. The installer (previous tenant?) removed the keeper. It is not to be found.

There are four holes for the keeper in the casement, two on each side. Which of 4 hole your keepers are appropriate for this latch assembly? Thanks for the help.

PS. Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware have NONE IN STORE, but usually only one or two different keepers on their websites one could order. I seen an ad for your site, and was astonished at your keeper selection!!! Awesome!

Thanks for the help!

Steve in Spokane
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0238.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0239.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2311.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Steve. Thanks for writing in. The 82-218 type lock like yours typically works with a keeper such as our 89-020 or 89-021, which you can see only have two mounting holes. However, we also see the 89-029 Viking Keeper with this lock as well sometimes. Review the dimensions below, and let me know if you think this might fit your door. Let me know what you think.

Alternate image for 89-029
Alternate image for 89-029

A handy person from Spokane, WA says:
Thanks Bob! I ordered one of each, I';; try all three, beginning with the Viking because the holes are already there! Thanks for the quick 'Nightowl" response!

Steve in Spokane
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good, Steve. I'd love to hear which one ends up being the winner. Otherwise, best of luck with your project and please let me know if we can be of any further assistance. 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.