My old vinyl window's handle needs replacement

A home owner from Queens, NY, USA says:

Attached please find some images of my old window frame that has its handle-bar broke off. Also, the little buttons of the release latches at the top of the frame are worn out. I wonder if you can have any accessory parts or suggestions that I can use to fix the problem?

I know the broken bar that attached to the lower frame may be difficult to fix. What if I can get 2 handles to screw onto the upper frame, will it be a solution?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230804_150237.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230804_150202.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230804_150212.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting!  I'm sorry to say that we do not sell the type of sash lift that's built into the sash. However, we do sell separate, surface-mount sash lifts. 

Although, the only thing we're wary about is drilling into the upper part of the frame. You'll want to exercise caution as you do not want to hit the glass. We just advise to be extremely careful. 

These are usually meant to install on the bottom of the sash, though you may not have room. Take a look at our section of sash lifts, here. See if either of them might work as a repalcement.

A home owner from Queens, NY, USA says:

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for your suggestions. I think the part #26-116 lift-handle is most suitable for my situation. And installation onto the upper sash frame, at level with the latch release button may sure be away from the glass. What kind of screws should I use to secure the handle to the vinyl frame? And do you carry them?

By the way, from the third picture of my window, the plastic "latch release button" is kind of worn-out. Do you have any similar parts that I can insert to it as a replacement?

Steve

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Steve, 

I'm sorry to say that we do not have a screw that we generally recommend with this sash lift. In the instructions below the product description we suggest that customers keep their existing screws. However, in your case, since this a new application that obviously would not be possible.

I do see that other customers have purchased the 33-080, however, I cannot confirm that this will be the screw you need to secure the lift to the window.

Detail of 33-080
Detail of 33-080

In regard to the window latch, I'm sorry to say that we do not have an exact replacement for it. Although, there is a chance that we may be able to provide you with a solution. I'll just need to see a photo of the top of the sash to determine that.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions in the meantime.

SWISCO Window Sash Lift Handle, 26-116
SWISCO Window Sash Lift Handle, 26-116
VIDEO
WATCH >
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.