Need Custom Balance

A quick learner from USA says:
Good afternoon, thank you. I need 4 block and tackle style balancers. The number on them is: 23DS 34. They are for Traco single hung, impact, metal frame units.

The number on them is: 23SD 34. I just sent pics of the ends. Can you retrieve them? These are Traco, single hung, impact, aluminum frame.

23" Length
NonTilt
9/16" Width
(1) has a 1" Bottom Fitting

I believe these may be extra heavy duty units, the sash is very heavy.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal4.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal5.JPG
Additional Top Fitting photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal6.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal7.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal8.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Custom Bal9.JPG
The sash weighs 33#s.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like your balances use the 19-041 top and 15-005 bottom fittings. None of our stock balances come with this combination of attachments but we can supply them through a custom order. As for the 23DS34 stamp code, the DS does indicate that you have a heavier window but one of our standard channels could work with our fittings attached as long as the window sash weighs 34 pounds. Our balances will still support a 33-pound sash but the stamp code would indicate 34-pounds, so you may want to double-check the weight to be sure. I'd also recommend double-checking the length since your stamp would generally indicate that the balance would have a 24" long metal channel, not including the end fittings. Thank you! 

View of the opposite side of 19-041
View of the opposite side of 19-041

Dimensions for 19-041
Dimensions for 19-041

Alternate view of 15-005
Alternate view of 15-005

Thanks, the sash actually showed a weight of 32.8#. It may not have been as accurate as I would like but it belongs to a neighbor who was kind enough to let me use it. The metal channel is 24" long.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance length
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Label
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. We just sent over an order link and price quote for you to review. The balances will come with 2365 strength options, which will support a sash between 30-34 lbs. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

Order # 2288997, I'm thinking I need different bottoms for these balancers to work. The channel of the sash isn't deep enough for these bottoms, so you have options? These are for aTraco, non tilt, single hung, double glass
Profile picture of Casey

We'd be happy to confirm if a better replacement option is available but the determining factor would be the exact depth of your original bottom fitting that installs in the window channel. 

Hi Casey, thanks again for your help. Is there a bottom fitting for the balancer that does not protrude into the opening as much as these do. The depth of the fins on this fitting seem to prevent me from getting the sash back in the window frame.
Yall did provide exactly what I found in the windows when I started this project but I'm not sure they were the original balancers.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe protruding
Profile picture of Casey

We carry one winged bottom fitting with a smaller depth than the 15-005, which would be the 7/8" deep 15-029. With that being said, I would recommend checking an identical window in the house that may have the original hardware since you mentioned that the balances you replaced may not have been the originals. If that is the case, it would be impossible to know what would work in your window and I would hate to see you spend money on multiple custom orders if they won't work. 

Dimensions for 15-029
Dimensions for 15-029

Thanks, that's is a good idea I will do that and get back to you, but not today.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, just let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime. 

Hello Casey, the window sash had to be modified a little bit and then I was able to get them in over the balancers. This project is now complete. I want to thank you and Deb for helping me work thru this one.
It has been a pleasure. Jody
Profile picture of Casey

That's great! Thanks for letting us know how your repair worked out. We look forward to assisting you with future projects! 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.