Need four (4) replacement channel balances

A home owner from Weaverville, NC. says:
1) Broken Top pic shows initial problem. When this broke, the channel fell and broke the cord inside the channel. This happened on two separate channels on two different windows. Can I drill a new hole just a little lower in the channel for the replacement?
2) I could not get the window clip out of the channel. I can loosen with a
screwdriver, and move up and down, but cannot remove. Any suggestions?
3) Number stamp is "28B - BSI (or 1).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Top balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken Top Close Up.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28 Inches Long.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window pivot shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28b Number Stamp
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi there. My recommendation for your balance is the S770-28 with the 28B stamp option. As for the broken hole in the top sash track, you can go slightly above or below the broken hole but I think the vinyl has been compromised and the new hole will eventually break. I suggest taking the screw to your local hardware store and getting a longer one to reach past the vinyl window and screw it to the wood frame around the window. 

The clip you're referring to is called a pivot shoe. The 15-129 looks like it could be a good match but take a look at the specifications and see if you agree. If you can move the pivot shoe up and lock it in place with a screwdriver, the pivot shoe is still good. 

As for removing it, see the video below. It will show you how to do so using the cut-out method. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.