Need help identifying parts

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,
I am in need of helping identifying the replacement right and left tilt latches and pivot shoes for my single hung tilt vinyl windows.

The existing tilt latches match the dimensions of part 26-244 but the design of my latches are different. Pictures below.

Also, for the pivot shoe, these compress the channel balance when tightened, allowing for the channel balance to function. My pivot shoe is approximately 1/2" thick and 1 5/8" tall. There are no identifying marks on my existing pivot shoes. Pictures below.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Paul L+S5.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Paul L+S3.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Paul L+S2.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Paul L+S1.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Paul L+S6.PNG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for posting! Our 26-243 and 26-244 should work well as a replacement. They are the closest match we carry to the latches you have. Since the measurements do match, you should not have any issues with installation.

Your pivot shoe appears to be the 15-195B, 1-1/4" open cam, T-Lock pivot shoe. Look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing shoe to determine if these are the right fit.

Dimensions for 15-195B
Dimensions for 15-195B

Hello.

The 15-195 t lock pivot shoe that was suggested is too thick at 1/2". The existing pivot Shoes I have are 3/8"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 54A7157B-2CBE-452A-8030-835BE438E3F5.jpeg

From what I can see in the photo, the measuring tape does not start at the thickest part of the top of the shoe. Given that, it does appear that the measurement for that space is 1/2". We do not carry any shoes in a 3/8" measurement in that area. 

I would suggest double checking the measurement and if you are still getting the same measurement, the next best suggestion would be to replace the entire balance.

Thank you.

Can you help me identify the proper channel balance from the attached pictures?

It has no markings on it and it is approximately 30" long with a spring and string/pulley system in the rear.

The indentation in the bottom of the balance makes it challenging for the 1/2" pivot shoe to fit.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 11510BCC-31CE-43F8-B415-018B99F5C728.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D5B857AE-5C22-45B7-94BE-2448749104CF.jpeg

Yes, I understand. Our shoes are not compatible with the type of balance channel you have, unfortunately.

I'll need to know the length of the metal channel as well as stamp to confirm the correct replacement.

Hi jasmine.

Thank you.

The length of the channel is 30 inches.

The only stamp I could find says "30B"

Thanks for confirming. You'll need the S795-30 channel balance with a 30B stamp. This comes equipped with the 15-195 closed cam shoe, so you'll need to purchase the 15-195B separately and then change them out once you've received the balances.

Also, you'll need to confirm whether your balances have a screw tab or a hook on the top of the balance. If you have the screw tab, you can purchase the balances, as is (with the exception of the shoe, of course).

Regarding the hook, you may be able to use the 26-200 balance screw plug along with the 33-016 screw. 

Although, if the space at the top of the window is not square in shape, you'll need to let me know. This means that these will need to be custom balances and I'll need to have an order link made up for you. The good news is, we can attach them in our warehouse so the turn around time is fairly quick.

Thank you!

Quick question, what is the difference between open and closed cam shoe?

The metal cam on the back of the shoe has an open space, like the one shown in your photo. 

The cam on the back of the closed cam shoe is completely solid.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.