Need replacement parts

A home owner from Florida says:
Some of my home windows will no longer stay up by themselves due to these coil balance parts breaking. I can not find I local company that can do repairs. Any help in identifying these parts so I can order replacements and hopefully fix it myself would be greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Shoe
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Your coil balance appears to be the Series 150 Coil Balance which is used a long with our 15-140 Coil Balance Shoe. Unfortunately, your exact shoe is no longer made but this should work well to replace it. Take a look over the dimensions and compare them to your shoe to confirm that this will fit in your window track.

Alternate image for 15-140
Alternate image for 15-140

To determine the exact coil springs needed for your assembly, you'll need to remove the coils and look for any stamps/markings that may be present. If there aren't any stamps, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash and divide it by 2. This should give your the spring strength you need.

The other compatible pieces of hardware are the 15-143 Coil Bushing, the 15-144 Coil Bushing Cap, and the 15-145 Coil Support Barrel. If you need to replace the pivot bar, I'll need to see a photo of it removed from the bottom of the sash.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.