Need to replace parts that hold windows up

A home owner from WashingtonGA says:
Hi, I have a number of different window sizes that need these parts replaced. I don't know their make or model. Could you let me know what other information you need so I can order them. I hope that the 2 pics I've enclosed help.
Many thanks, Ian
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230507_101908.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230507_101904.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Ian.

We'd be happy to help with this project but I'm afraid I can't ID what you may have. I would need you to remove an undamaged pivot shoe and show us some photos. In the meantime, take a look at the videos we've related for you on this page and let us know if they help. 

A quick learner from WashingtonGA says:
Hi, thank you for your reply. I would have to cut the vinyl frame to remove the mechanism. Before I go to that stage I've added a few more photos. Hope they help. Thanks, Ian
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230522_150426.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230522_150525.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230522_150624.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230522_150706.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

It's not possible for us to identify your hardware from these photos, unfortunately. In order to help, we need to see the pivot shoe removed from the window. I know that's not ideal but I'm afraid the track just obscures too much of the hardware.

Hi, I've finally got around to this. Enclosed is a photo of the shoe removed from the window. Thanks for your help, Ian
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230908_120521.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional photo, Ian! It's a huge help. Based on what I see here, I recommend the 15-087 pivot shoe. We also sell the 15-086 housing but you can reuse your old one if it's in good shape. The Series 180 are the compatible coil springs. 

I also recommend checking the band of the spring for a stamped number that would indicate the weight. If there aren't any, you'll have to divide the precise sash weight by the total number of springs in the window to determine the proper weights. 

Hi, thank you for that info. The springs have 5Y stamped on them. The nylon spring holders are fine so I guess I just need to order a bunch of springs?
Profile picture of Emily

Yep, if the pivot shoe and housing are in good shape you can just reuse them. You may need the S180-5 5-pound spring based on your stamp. You can always weigh your window sash on a scale to confirm if you want to be 100% sure. 

Hi, thanks for that info. Just one more question. The sash has four 5lb springs total. Should the sash weigh 20lbs? Many thanks,Ian
Profile picture of Emily

Yes, that is correct! The sash should indeed weigh 20 pounds if there's a total of 10 pounds of support on both sides. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.