Needs Balance

A quick learner from USA says:
My tilt windows tension tubes are 3/8 plastic not metal. can you still provide replacements. The plastic are still working OK but the plastic is cracking exposing the spring inside.

The tension tubes are plastic 7/16" dia. And the tube is 30 " long with a white tip. the sash is 14 lbs. Looks like series 600. I will need to order 2 replacement tensioners
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nick Bal1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nick Bal2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nick Bal3.JPG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! Since you are getting a measurement of 7/16" for the diameter of the plastic tube, it is likely you'll need the Series 600 Spiral Balance as there is no 7/16" spiral balance made. This balance has a diameter of 5/8" (which can sometimes be considered 9/16"). 

You'll need the S600-30 with a red tip for your 14lb sash.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

A quick learner from USA says:
Thanks for getting back with me. I don't think that the 5/8 balance will work. The channel it resides in is only 7/16 deep. I need to remeasure and get back with you.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Okay, I understand. If you believe it will be too large, your balances may possibly measure closer to the 3/8" diameter. So, you'll likely need the S900-30. You will still need the red tip balance for your 14lbs sash.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.