No idea what these are....

A quick learner from Orlando Florida says:
These small plastic parts are on either side of the window frame of what I believe are PGT single-hung windows. Several have broken off. Can you tell me what they are and if they are necessary? If so, can they be replaced? Thank you for your help. Photo is of front and back of one of the plastic pieces which appeared to snap in. They are now quite brittle.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230219_184847442.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230219_184939090.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

This part is called a face guide and its purpose is to stabilize the sash by helping keep it in place. It's basically meant to prevent any wobble or sudden movement. And they are replaceable, yes! 

We have the 67-014 which is smaller than the original PGT guide but we've found it works well for the PGT windows. Look over the specifications and see what you think. 

When it comes to the installation, I recommend you use two flat-blade screwdrivers and slide an inch into the gap so as to pry the frame away from the window without leaving visible scratches.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.