No identifying information

A quick learner from Binghamton New York says:
The triangular locking piece shattered while accidentally lifting the window too fast. This locking mechanism is more narrow than most on your website and the locking triangular piece is thin.
Is there another way of removing this broken latch?. It seems very stuck. I watched the YouTube video using a flat head screwdriver and hammer. That strategy is just chipping away the plastic and the latch remains stuck?. Any insight is appreciated.
Based on my assessing your inventory of latches I am guessing that the 26-391 is what I needed but want to make sure before I order and want to make sure I can remove the broken latch without damaging the window.
Nothing is easy as you well know,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Is the tilt latch body 3/4" wide and 2-7/8" long? If so, the 26-391 certainly might be possible. If your lock body is shorter though, like 2-5/8", then you're going to need something different. Ultimately the best thing to do in either case is to remove the old latch from the window so you can fully compare to the dimensions listed below. Send us photos of this perspective and tell us the dimensions that differ if the 26-391 indeed does not match up. See the image below for reference.  l

detail of 26-391
detail of 26-391

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.