Non tilt window channel balance 30XHD?

A quick learner from Portland, Maine says:
Can I replace this with coil balances? I think it will be easier for me to fit it into the window jamb. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D0E063B2-DBCE-4B94-BA36-424911B53AC0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8FEA985F-0EC1-441B-A89A-C6E55D77309E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EEE174FB-64BA-47E2-B82E-EDF4CC282A74.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 393C40B2-4E6E-4061-AD18-A7606A8F85BC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4DFDC79C-5563-4E02-9B9F-E11C54BD5FDF.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! You won't be able to replace your channel balance with a coil balance, no. They wouldn't be easier to fit in the window jamb because they wouldn't fit at all to begin with. You are pretty much stuck with this style unless you get an all new window.

With that said, the match for your channel balance is our Series 751.

A quick learner from Portland, Maine says:
Thanks so much, Tom! I'll order the 751 series. Will order the 30" as the 30XHD balance that I removed from the window is about that length, albeit maybe a little bit longer, but I think the 30 number imprinted on it refers to that length. If I'm mistaken, please let me know. With appreciation,
Natan
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Natan. A stamp of 30XHD usually indicates a metal channel length of 31", so you should double check that just to be sure. I know that's a little confusing but the first digits of the stamp on this kind of balance are typically one less than the length.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.