Old Casement window operator

A quick learner from PA says:

We have an old casement window. I don't know the manufacturer (hence my reason for contacting you). Do any of you recognize it? There's only one identifying mark stamped on the short portion of the split arm. The long portion of the arm is about 5 inches. Sorry I forgot to measure the mounting hole distances. If you don't know of anything that would fit then I'll just use a manual rod type until I get a new window. Be assured that any help is appreciated.

Bruce 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230827_172125.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230827_172149.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230829_092609.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230829_092637.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230829_092728.jpg
It might be a TAFCO WINDOW from Home Depot.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We offer the video below, which shows the parts that we recommend to replace the discontinued GU operator shown in your photos. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!  

Ok got it the operator is discontinued. My window is the opposite of that shown in the video so I think I'll need operator 39-315 in white, stud bracket 39-513, detach clip 39-105, and finally crank handle 39-114L in white. Does that sound right? Meaning did I forget anything? I know that I'll also need screws from my local HW store. Thanks for your help

Bruce 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Yes, that would be all of the parts needed to follow our conversion video above. Just let us know if you have any other questions. 

How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.