Old Kolbe and Kolbe

A contractor from Wisconsin says:
Good morning, been looking for replacement stops for these windows for about 2 months. We are in need of roughly 300 ft of this.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3314.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3318 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3317.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I am afraid we don't have a weatherseal quite like this. Our 58-055 is also kerf-mounted, but it is an offset bulb seal. Review the dimensions below and see if you think this could work as a potential substitute. Let me know what you think.

Profile view of 58-055
Profile view of 58-055

A contractor from Wisconsin says:
Sorry this is not a weather seal but actually a glazing bead.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for verifying! That makes more sense, though the bad news is that it limits your options pretty considerably. Kerf-mount glazing bead like this isn't all that common these days. That would also explain why you're having a hard time finding it in general.

Looking through our inventory, the only glazing bead we sell that has a kerf like this is our 55-306. However, this product is explicitly designed to work in Andersen brand windows. Andersen tends to be pretty specific, so cross-brand compatibility is usually out of the question. I'm not totally optimistic that this will work for you but it may be worth considering.

I've had other customers with old K&K windows try our 55-164 as a potential alternative, but I've never heard many successful reports back. All the same, I thought I'd mention it as another alternative to consider.

Sorry again that we couldn't offer you anything better! These windows are fairly old so it's tough to get old glazing like we used to.

Profile view of 55-306
Profile view of 55-306

Profile diagram of 55-164
Profile diagram of 55-164

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.