Old Sash Guides

A home owner from Winter Springs, Florida says:

Good Morning,

Please see the attached photo of the sash guides that I need. Our house is almost 39 years old, and these come from aluminum windows (I don't know the brand). I have been unable to locate these wider ones. I have a number of them to replace along with balancers before our house is sold. I could also use something slightly different as long as it will do the job properly. It doesn't matter whether they are black or white. I thought about making shims to push the narrower ones out a little, but I don't think that will work. I am hoping that you may have some old stock lying around that is not on your website. I have searched everywhere that I can on the web as well as researched local companies without success.

Thank you,

Robert

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4148_jpeg.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to say that we would not be able to provide you with a top sash guide that has your exact specifications. We're also not quite sure where you would be able to find the exact replacement; there is a chance that Norandex made a change in their newer windows.

With that said, our 18-161 Norandex Sash Guide looks like the one you purchased previously. It has a depth of 3/16" compared to the 3/8" depth that yours has. Our best suggestion is to add either a shim or washer behind the new top sash guide to compensate for the difference in the dimensions.

Detail of 18-161
Detail of 18-161

Profile view of 18-161
Profile view of 18-161

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.