Old order

A quick learner from South carolina says:
In 2017 I ordered the S870-30 with shoe size of 1 inch and springs are half inch. I'd like to know which balance I need now, plus I need the tilt pins
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1" T-Lock Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-Lock Balance Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom of T-Lock Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Cross Bow Balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Series 850 Crossbow
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your channel balance appears to be the discontinued Series 850, cross-bow style balance with a T-Lock Shoe. The good news is that your balance can be replaced with the S795-30 Channel Balance along with the 15-194 1" T-Lock Shoe, which are sold separately. The replacements will come assembled with the 15-195 shoe, so you'll need to purchase the 1" shoes and swap them out.

To determine the exact stamp option you need, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash. There is a chart below the product description that lists the weight range each stamp option can support.

In regard to the tilt pin, I believe you may be referring to the pivot bar. The pivot bar typically used with our T-Lock balance shoes isthe 26-021 2-1/2" Pivot Bar. To determine if this will be a fit for your window, you'll need to carefully look over the dimensions below.

Alternate image for 26-021
Alternate image for 26-021

You'll want to confirm the type of top attachment on the balance and how it installs to the window. If your existing channel uses a screw tab, the replacements will work as is; however, if it is a hook, you'll need to check the shape of the installation hole. If the shape of the hole is square in shape, you may be able to use the 26-200 Balance Screw Plug. These will need to be a custom assembly if you cannot use the screw plug.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.