Out Swinging Door Handle Set Round 1-1/2 inch Product Code 40-032

A home owner from Queens, NY says:
Purchased the above item and followed both the instructions that came with the hardware as well as the on-line video. The holes in the existing storm door were already properly in alignment with the new hardware. I performed the installation as per the instructions.
Following the installation, when I went to open the door from the outside, the Push Button got stuck in the inward position and would not release itself. Redoing the installation and it continues to be stuck inward. One thing the instructions do not mention is while the spindle should protrude from the door between 3/16 & 5/16 inches, (which I measured), they don't tell you whether or not the spindle end going into the push button should be pushed all the way into the push button or not. Would greatly appreciate your help. Thank You...
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. When measuring the spindle length you should Not depress the lock button. Just place the outside handle with the spindle on the door. Line up the spindle through the center hole and put it through the hole with out pressing the lock button. Then you would mark you spindle to get the correct length. In the video it does tell you not to depress the button only to place the handle on the door.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.