PAT. NO. 5,704,165

A home owner from Plainfield Illinois says:

Pls see attached pictures. Please call me.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom of Sash
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Window Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Sticker
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Cover
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Assembly
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Your tilt latches pretty similar to our 26-243 and 26-244 tilt window latches. To confirm that these are the correct replacement, carefully compare the measurements shown on the diagram below. If they are not a match, I'll need to know the written dimensions from your latch.

Alternate view of 26-244
Alternate view of 26-244

Profile view of 26-244
Profile view of 26-244

The pivot shoe you have is the 15-199 Pivot shoe. I am confident this is the correct replacement but take a look over the dimensions, to confirm that this is the right fit. The compatible pivot bar is the 26-378 3" Pivot Bar.

Alternate view of 15-199
Alternate view of 15-199

Alternate image for 26-378
Alternate image for 26-378

This pivot shoe is compatible with either the Series 160 (1/2" width) or the Series 165 (3/8" width) coil balance springs. Although, since your cover looks like it could be the 15-205 Egress Coil Triple Support, I believe you have the S165 coil balances. That said, to determine which series you have with certainty, you'll need to confirm the width of your coils.

Once you've confirmed the series, you'll need to look for any stamps/markings that will indicate the spring strength needed for your window.

I'm sorry to say that I do not have a direct phone line, but I am happy to answer any questions you have through this thread. If you absolutely do need to speak with someone, our customer service team will be more than happy to assist. They can be reached at (888) 991-1929.

A home owner from Plainfield Illinois says:
Hello Jasmine. Please see attached. I trust your judgement. I'm ready to place my order. Let proceed. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I'm sorry to say that it isn't a judgement call I can make. The only part I can be confident is the correct replacement is the 15-199 Pivot Shoe. That said, you'll need to compare the dimensions for the other hardware to confirm if the other hardware is correct; especially the width of the coil, the tilt latch measurements, and the pivot bar measurements. Unfortunately, I can't confirm the measurements from the photos of the measuring tape.

As mentioned, it looks to me like you have the 15-205 Egress Triple Coil Support, which is the long plastic piece circled in your photos. However, to determine if this is exactly what you need, you'll need to confirm the width of your coil. The 15-205 can only be used with the Series 165 Coil, there is a different compatible cover for the Series 160.

There are two ways you can place an order for these parts; either on the website using the part numbers provided or by calling and speaking to a member of the customer service team. They can be reached at (888) 991-1929 be sure to give them the reference number for this discussion for reference.

I've detailed all of the parts you would need to complete the repairs in my response above, they can also be found below this thread.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.