PGT window size 18W x 23H single hung.

A quick learner from Hollywood Fl says:
Number on part that is visible on one side of window:

11 2 KW CMC 7
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. If I follow, it sounds like you need a new channel balance. The balance is what regulates the window's movement. Unfortunately that stamp only tells us the balance's strength. It does not tell us its identity. You'll need to remove the balance from the window and give us specific photos for us to determine what you need. The videos below explain what we're looking for, as well as how to remove and replace the balance. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6654.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6656.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6657.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6661.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6662.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks! This balance looks like a match for our S395-12. This comes with a 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom nylon fitting, so as long as those two match up then you should be good to go.

This piece was broken ( I taped it together for the photo).
Looks more like 18-009 to me, am I correct?
Also, should I replace only the broken part or do you have a channel balance with this plastic end part?
Thanks for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6665.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6664.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

I don't believe that top sash guide is our 18-009, the design is a little too different. We actually don't appear to have an identical match, but of all the parts we carry I would say that the 18-015 is closest. This also happens to be made for PGT windows, so that's promising. Your next step is to review our dimensions to determine how well they match up. If they align then I think it's worth trying.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. All of our balances have plastic end parts. Can you clarify what you mean?

Alternate view of 18-015
Alternate view of 18-015

Alternate view of 18-015
Alternate view of 18-015

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.