Part # 15-058 Window Leaf Hinge

A friend says:

Good morning. I purchased part# 15-058. I have had a bit of difficulty installing this part. Do you have any "How To's" or youtube videos on how to install this specific part?? I have tried to google/youtube for this exact piece but could not find anything. Any help on how to install this would be great. Thank you!

Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

We see that you purchased the 15-058 hinge leaf assembly. We do not have any diagrams or videos on this part, but I am going to reach out to one of our senior experts to see if they have any tips for installation. I will be in contact as soon as more information is available. Thank you for your patience! 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It has been over thirty years since I worked on a Swinger window. If I recall, the small leaf on the 15-058 is a pop rivet on the sash by the manufacturer. For you to replace it, you would carefully drill out the old rivet and use a large screw to attach to the sash. The "U" shape part of the hinge is fitted in the window track. I believe there is a cut out near the top for you to slide it in the track. Position the hinge where the old one was, bring the sash leaf to it and slide the pin to lock it on. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.