Parts needed for replacement

A home owner from Gretna, LA says:
I reached out a while back and was talking with Josh - request 36748142. I got around to one window that was not rusted out.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Bar
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Window Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! The pivot shoe you have pictured here looks like it could be the 15-129 9/16" Thick Pivot Shoe. To determine if this is the right replacement, you'll need to remove the shoe to compare the dimensions.

Detail of 15-129
Detail of 15-129

To identify the pivot bar, I'll need to see it removed from the bottom of the sash. There are a few that are compatible with this shoe, so to confirm the correct replacement, I'll need to be able to see exactly how the pivot bar is made.

We do not carry an exact replacement match for your tilt window latches but our 26-243 and 26-244 Tilt Window Latches should work well as suitable replacements. They are a bit different in design, as they do have the same thumb lever but the dimensions should be a match. To confirm, carefully compare the dimensions shown on the diagram below.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

Sorry here is another picture of the pivot bar. Do I need to change out the pivot shoes? They all look good. I guess I'm just looking for the pivot bar and left, right latches
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Bar

Hello,

You will need to determine if the shoes need to be replaced in the window. If they are in working condition then you should not need to replace them.

I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to make a confident recommendation for your pivot bar. It is still installed in the window so I cannot see the details of the bar. That said, you may be able to use the 26-368 Flared Slotted Pivot Bar but you'll need to remove the pivot bar from the bottom of the sash and compare the dimensions. If this is not a match I'll need to see the hardware removed from the bottom of the sash as requested.

Dimensions for 26-368
Dimensions for 26-368

I finally got it out. Here is the pivot bar.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8333.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8332.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8331.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8330.jpeg

Thanks for confirming the measurements. We do not have a flared pivot bar with your exact measurements but I believe our 26-021 2-1/2" Pivot Bar should work well as a suitable replacement. Carefully review the dimensions to confirm that this would work for you.

Alternate image for 26-021
Alternate image for 26-021

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.