Parts needed for year 2003 Certainteed window

A home owner from Telford, PA says:
Hello,
I need help with ordering the correct coil spring for this window brand. The pivot shoe is #15-192 but I am not sure about the coil. Mine is stamped 409. This unit is about 54" tall and 32 wide. I have units that are only 30" tall. Will that coil be the same?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Spring
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Cover
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Drum
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

For a coil spring marked with "409", take a look at the S170-409 that can support 9 pounds of weight. Together with the coil on the other side, the total sash weight should weight 18 pounds. 

Please note regarding the 15-192 pivot shoe, we have had some customers report that they needed to shave down the front aligners on the shoe to fit it into the window channel. Review the related items on the page for new covers and balance drums if needed. 

If you have different size windows, I would recommend checking the stamping on each coil as they may differ due to the weight of the window sash. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.