Patio Door Rollers

A quick learner from Southern California says:

I need two replacement rollers for my patio door which measures 83 X 80 inches. The pane that moves is 42 X 80.

I am not able to find any brand name or markings!

Michael 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageWYvlwt.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageX9MpwS.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagetS9JwI.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DenSlider.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Michael. This reminds me of our 81-148. Please compare to the diagram below and let me know if this matches up.

Alternate image for 81-148
Alternate image for 81-148

Bob,

This is very cose, the height on my part seems to measure 1 3/16 (instead of 1 1/4). Is that OK?

How much would two of these 81-148 cost including shipping and handling?

It looks to me as though the t-tab holds it in place, am I correct that the screw somehow adjusts the height ??

__Michael
Profile picture of Bob

Hello again! The height is very important, yes. Even a difference of 1/16" might be a dealbreaker. I would suggest double checking that particular dimension just to be safe. We unfortunately don't have a version of this roller with a 1-3/16" height, so if that is how tall yours is then it may not be something we can supply.

As for cost, you can see a full price breakdown on the 81-148 store page. Shipping is calculated for you automatically during checkout and will be dependent on what delivery option you select.

Lastly, the back screw does control the adjustment, yes.

Bob,
I was wondering is there a version of the 81-148 roller that is a "tandem" and has more wheels?
The 81-148 Roller assembly was a big help. It fits fine and the patio door opens OK.

The patio door is large and heavy and could be smoother.

I know it is a bit expermental but I would be will to take the risk if there is a chance it might work.

Also is it better to start out with the new roller adjusted low, medium or high?

Kind regards,
Michael
Profile picture of Bob

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a tandem version of the 81-148. I can only tell you with confidence that we don't sell anything that would match that description. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

As for adjustment, you want the wheel to be adjusted up as far as it can go into the housing during installation. This will give you more than enough clearance to put the door back in the track. After that, the proper adjustment height is something you'll have to judge as you do it. The goal is to ensure that the door doesn't rub against the bottom track and threshold, nor against the top header.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.