Patio door lock replacement

A home owner from Colorado says:
I purchased a replacement patio door lock but it doesn't work. I have a Silensia door (see photo for model number) and need the right patio door lock.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Door Mortise
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mortise Lock Keeper
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Silensia PD
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! We do not carry an exact replacement match for your existing patio door mortise lock but I believe you may be able to use the 82-260 Multi-Point Mortise Lock as a suitable replacement.

Keep in mind, you'll likely need to replace the keeper with the 82-249 Sliding Glass Door Multi-Point Keeper. 

To determine if these will be a fit for your door, carefully review and compare the dimensions below. You'll especially want to confirm the dimensions of the installation hole spacing.

Alternate image for 82-260
Alternate image for 82-260

Alternate view of 82-260
Alternate view of 82-260

Alternate image for 82-249
Alternate image for 82-249

Thank you so much. I actually wanted a keyed handle set for the replacement. The mortise lock is fine. Can you tell me which keyed or unkeyed handle would work?

I'm happy to help! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Can you describe why the lock  you initially purchased doesn't work?

I believe you may be able to use the 82-030A Centered Keyed Handle Set to replace your existing set but you'll need to compare the dimensions and design to confirm. You'll especially want to confirm that the key lock on your handle set needs to be in the centered position. 

If you are unsure it would help to see the thumb lever on your existing set as well as the installation holes on the door.

Dimensions for 82-030A
Dimensions for 82-030A

The replacement I bought doesn't lock at all. I can't turn the lock, it is stiff even though the inside gold piece aligned with the lock - so it remains unlocked all day.

Before installing the lock, did you cut down the spindle so that it would properly fit into the mortise lock? If so, it could very well be that the lock you purchased is just defective.

In that case, you might just be able to purchase the 82-310 Key Lock to replace your lock cylinder but you'll need to make sure it is compatible with your handle set. Take a look at the video below for an idea on how to install this part.

Alternate view of 82-310
Alternate view of 82-310

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.