Pivot Shoe, No Markings or Models in windows about 20 Years Old

A quick learner from NJ says:
I am trying to figure out the type of pivot shoe i need for my windows. There are no markings, no model numbers, nothing to point me in the right direction. One of my double hung windows they are completely busted on so i attached the leaf spring photo as well as a good pivot shoe from the other side of the window. The windows are about 20 years old and are vinyl.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I recognize this hardware. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued and is no longer available. You could consider our 15-141 shoe and Series 152 springs, but check them out yourself and let me know if you agree.
A quick learner says:
I will measure it tonight and see if the shoe will work. As far as the coil goes, i believe they are still good. If not, can i reuse the current hardware as shown or would i need to purchase new covers and bushings?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! Let me know. As for the covers and bushings, as long as they're in good condition then I don't see any reason they need replacing.
A quick learner says:
i measured and it looks like the 15-158 is a better match as the measurements are the same. As far as the coils go, i would need to purchase new ones that go with that pivot shoe. The top coil was marked 4 and the bottom was marked 5. Is this normal? How do they attach to each other. Just want to firm everything up so i can purchase tonight.

also i have noticed with the new coil i will need to attach to the shoe with a pan head screw no problem, but how do i attach the other coil to first coil? Is this not necessary and i only need one coil now? The coils were 5 and 4, do i need a single 9 pound coil for this to work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you think the 15-158 is a better match, you can go with that. Like Paul said, your original is discontinued and no longer available, so there will not be an exact match. I cannot guarantee that either will work for you, but they're at least a good place to start.

Usually springs have the same marking, but it's not unheard of to have two different ones. What is the weight of your window sash?

With these kind of systems, the springs don't attach to each other. They simply both attach to the shoe.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.