Pivot bar options?

A quick learner from USA says:
Please see problem statement in photo

Thx
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Norm PB.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I've come across this problem many times. There was a version of the 26-366 that had a longer front tip, but it hasn't been made in quite a number of years. As far as I'm aware there's no directly replacement for it.

The good news is that our 26-366 is still usable as an alternative, but the bad news is that it's going to take some handiwork. What you need to do is adjust the 26-366 installation so that it sits a little further out from the sash frame, that way it makes up the difference. This will require drilling new holes and a little bit of trial and error.

I am sorry that we can't offer you a better option, but this is the best solution I've found for replacing this old, obsolete hardware. It's a little more of a hassle but it will work.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.