Pivot bar and housing

A quick learner from Dumont, NJ says:

Hello

I am looking for the pivot bar and housing for a few windows I have.

Pivot bar

Stamped 9838

3" long

Hole used is 1 3/8" from T end

Housing

2 3/8" long

Phil  

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5106.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Phil. I am afraid this pivot bar is no longer made; however the manufacturer recommends replacing it with our 26-021. Take a look and see what you think. I am afraid we do not carry the housing that comes with your old pivot bar, so you will have to reuse your old one. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks for the reply. I will try 26~021 for the pivot bar.

For the housing, do you it is worth trying Pivot Bar Case 26-382S? The measurements seem similar.

Phil
Profile picture of Bob

Sure, the 26-382S looks like a great match, especially if the dimensions are the same. Just note that you can also probably reuse your original as long as it isn't seriously damaged.

The pivot bar 26~021 and the casing 26-382S both fit perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Phil
Profile picture of Bob

Great, glad to hear it! Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.