Pivot pin and balances

A home owner from Minnedota says:
Jeld-Wen directed me to your site. While I believe the balances are series 140, I'm not sure about the pivot pins.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3816.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3817.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3818.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3820.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3822.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! Your coil balance housing looks similar to our 15-087 coil housing pivot as well as the 15-086 tandem coil. Carefully review and compare the dimensions to those shown below to determine if this is the correct replacement. I am confident these are the replacement you'll need.

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

Detail of 15-086
Detail of 15-086

The coil housing pivot is compatible with the Series 180 coil balance springs. Although, I am unable to tell the exact coils you need. The bottom coil would clearly be the S180-8, however, I am uncertain if the other is a 6 or a 9. To determine which of these you need, I would suggest obtain the exact weight of your sash.

If your sash weighs 28lbs, I would suggest using (2) S180-7, these are 7lb coils. However, if your sash weighs 34lbs, you will need both the S180-8 and the S180-9. I'm willing to bet it is likely the latter but I would recommend double checking the sash weight to be sure.

Your pivot bar looks a lot like our 26-422. Again, carefully compare the dimensions to confirm that this is the right replacement.

Alternate image for 26-422
Alternate image for 26-422

The metal mounting bracket that secures the coil in the window channel is part 16-024.

For an idea on how to remove/install these balance assemblies, take a look at the video below from our Swisco YouTube channel.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.