Pivot shoe

A quick learner from Cape May new Jersey says:

I need parts # for the pivot shoe. The window top is 24 inches orange tip 9/16 diameter. The bottom is 27 inches orange tip 9/16 diameter. I would like to order 4 pivot shoe and 2 each of the balancer.i would also like 4 pieces of the foam wipers on end of balancer .

Also need the balance tool

Please advise Thanks,Bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16992895471347862890667174794402.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for reaching out! To determine if there is a replacement for the foam wipers you are referring to, I'll need to see a photo of them. I am not familiar with this term, so the photos will help to provide you with the best replacement suggestion.

Given the dimensions confirmed from your balances, I believe you'll need the S600-24 and the S600-27 both with a red tip. They do appear orange in color, however they are considered to be red. you'll want to double check that the diameter is 9/16".

The compatible balance tool is our 75-006 Spiral Balance Charging Tool for Tilt Window Balances.

There are few different shoes compatible with these balances. To confirm which of these is the right fit, you will need to remove your shoe from the window and confirm the dimension for the thickness of your shoe. I've included the diagram from part 15-015 for reference; part 15-046 has a 1/2" thickness and 15-047 has a 5/8" thickness.

Dimensions for 15-015
Dimensions for 15-015

A quick learner from Cape May new Jersey says:
Hi- the pivot shoe is 15-046
The small foam piece pictured is between the red end of the balancer and the pivot shoe. Maybe to keep dirt from entering the balancer tube.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Bob
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16993675232825234822876951514995.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16993675885607080362112948627581.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the photos. The foam piece you are referring to is a sash support balance plug. Yours looks like the 26-139 Single Hole Aligner. Take a look and see what you think.

Alternate image for 26-139
Alternate image for 26-139

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.