Pivot shoe

A quick learner from Harrison Oh says:
When replacing the 15-045 pivot shoes there is not a slot for the sash to go in it is closed so do I have to raise one end of the sash higher than the other to fit into the pivot shoe?
Does this pivot shoe lock in place without the sash installed to aid with installation?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

You are correct that for pivot shoes with an enclosed cam like the 15-045, the sash needs to be installed at an angle to position the pivot bars into place one side at a time and carefully twist it into place as shown in the video below. It can be a tricky process and requires some manipulation. You are also correct that the pivot shoe can be locked in place by rotating the cam with a slotted screwdriver to engage the brake. Thanks for posting.

A quick learner from Harrison Oh says:
Good Morning
I forgot to ask if I lock the pivot shoe in place without the sash installed Will the shoe unlock after the sash is installed?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the pivot shoes will unlock once the sash is installed since the pivot bars engage with the shoe cams and twist them into the unlocked position once the sash is placed back into the frame.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.