Pivot shoe

A quick learner from Labadie, MO says:
I recently order some 3/8" thickness pivot shoes not stopping to think that cam size varied. The part I ordered (15-045) fits the vinyl window frame/slot but not the metal cams on the sides of the window itself. I just measured these and they appear to be 7/16 by 5/16. Do you have any pivot shoes that would fit this? The windows are about 20 years old. Thank you!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Without pictures I can't be certain, but I believe you're referring to the pivot bars, the metal pins at the bottom corners of the window sash that fit into the pivot shoe. There are many different kinds of pivot bars, so the best thing to do is to show us pictures of your current ones, removed from the window, for clear identification. Additionally I'd also like to see your original pivot shoe removed from the window if possible--if the 15-045 was the right choice, then I'm not sure why it isn't working with your pivot bars. Visual identification of all these parts should clarify your issue. Many thanks. 

Thanks for the quick response! I've attached a picture of the pivot bar, the original pivot shoe (with blue plastic circles that I need to replace on another window) and finally the 15-145 for which the pivot bars are too big.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2071.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2072.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2073.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2074.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me. Well, I can tell you the 15-045 definitely wasn't the right shoe--the cam that accepts the pivot bar is an entirely different shape, and from what I can see, the style of your old shoe is different. I'm afraid there's no getting around removing the old shoe to get a better picture. I also want to know the width and thickness of the old shoe--all those details should narrow down what you actually need. Without seeing the pivot bars removed from the window I can't identify them either--however, let's leave those alone for now. Whatever the correct pivoe shoe for your window is, it should work with your pivot bars unless it turns out to be a very unusual case. See the video below that shows how to remove and replace pivot shoes from a window like this. Once you get me those further details of the pivot shoe, I'll do my best to find the right answer for you. Many thanks.

Here are more photos--I hope the measurements are clear enough. To be clear, the 15-045 fit the window frame, the cam was just too small.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2081.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2082.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2080.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2078.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2075.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for these photos, they're a huge help. Unfortunately, you have a discontinued Carefree vinyl window and this pivot shoe is a discontinued product. As far as I know, they're not made anymore. 

The good news is that the 15-045 pivot shoe you bought is the best solution on the market. But, as you already observed, the cam is going to be too small to be compatible with your existing pivot bars. Changing those pivot bars should get everything in working order.

My suggestion would be the 26-297. This is fully compatible with the 26-297, but you will need to check the hole placement to ensure that it aligns with at least one of the existing holes. In a worst case scenario, you may need to drill a new hole.

Alternate image for 26-297
Alternate image for 26-297

How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.