Pivot shoes

A quick learner from United States says:
The depth of my pivot shoe measures at 17/32.
The options I see for parts are either 1/2 or 9/16.
I am inclined to think I should order the 9/16 based upon the note calling stating that the 9/16 is decimal equivalent .540 (over a half inch).
According to the stickers on the windows, they are:
Series Number 0401-Double Hung
Product Line Number 004 018

I an quite certain these are Andersen windows, the double hung variety with only a half screen.
The part number (on swisco website) is 15-215 for the 9/16 pivot shoe shown.
The warrantee sticker inside the widow casing states they were installed in February of 2003, so they are old, but not ancient.

Based on the information above, should I choose the 9/16 or the 1/2 depth pivot shoe?

Paws Up !
Jacob

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If your pivot shoe measures 17/32" thick, it is possible that there may be a closer replacement option but we would need to your your coil balance assembly removed from the window to confirm. The width and thickness of pivot shoes are key dimensions since they need to fit snugly in the window jamb but they will not operate properly if they are too tight. Once we can see your original shoe, we should have a better idea of what would work for your repair. Thank you! 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.