Plastic part needed for Milgard window

Quick Learner from California
Mar 3, 2024 1:55 pm
I am looking for parts for my Milgard window. The windows are approximately 35 years old. This part is on the exterior at the bottom of the window. It is made of plastic and it is approximately 1/4" x 1" by the width of the window.
It is the channel cover that lets the water drip from the inside of the window get to the outside.
This is not a solid piece of plastic. It is kind of a U-shaped. With the outside edge being completely flat.
4 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Mar 3, 2024 7:08 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for writing in. It sounds like you need a weep hole cover. While I can't be certain without seeing a photo, I don't believe we have the one you describe. That said, see our 26-186. This is a really handy substitute for weep hole covers because it can fit a wide variety of weep holes. The video below shows how to install it. Check it out.

Dimensions for 26-186
Dimensions for 26-186

Mar 4, 2024 3:06 pm
Bob, I shot a couple pictures so you could see what I was talking about easier.
It goes in a slot right below the window. It looks like the weep poles from inside the window area would seep out into the slot and leak any moisture water out from there.
They are the width of the window.
Thank you so much for looking into this.
IMG_6734 IMG_6733 IMG_6732
3 user uploaded images
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Mar 5, 2024 9:22 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

These photos are a huge help, thank you! This definitely looks like a type of weep hole, but nothing I've ever encountered before. I've never seen one that extends the full width of the window like that.

I'm sorry to say that this isn't a product that we sell. I've also been unable to find out the source of this old cover, even in some of the oldest Milgard catalogs I have. I don't believe this is something that we'll be able to help with.

At the same time, the design doesn't seem all that complex. It looks to be just a strip of plastic that plugs the gap. You may be able to find something at a local hardware store that can fill the same gap. It may take some handiwork to fashioned to size, but it may be possible. I'm just sorry that there's nothing in our inventory that would do the trick.

Mar 5, 2024 9:41 am
Bob
Thank you for your help.
I will continue my search. It is a pretty simple design. What good excuse to go to the hardware store.
Thank you again
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts