Plastic part that holds in spiral

A handy person from New Rochelle, NY says:

I recently purchased 2 pairs of spiral window balances from Swisco. I am very happy with them.

However once they were installed, window will not stay up and I believe I must replace the white plastic part you see in the photos. I would appreciate any help you can offer.

If that is the case, how are the old ones removed? Do they just snap out and the snap in? Thanks.

Thank you.

Best, Jane

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_4762.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_4763.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_4767.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing We are glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. There are three possible replacements we can offer for your existing shoe. You'll need to remove it from the window channel and compare the dimensions to determine which of these is the best fit. 

They are the 17/32" Thick 15-015, the 1/2" Thick 15-046. and the 5/8" Thick 15-047. The height and the width of these are the same for each of these shoes. The most important measurement will be the thickness of the shoe.

Dimensions for 15-015
Dimensions for 15-015

For instructions on how to remove/install these pivot shoes, take a look at the video below.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.