Please help!!

A quick learner from California says:

The nylon blind nut for the adjustment screw is stripped and I'm not sure if it can accommodate a larger screw since it is very brittle. Can I replace this part? If not, what are my options? Will an 84-074 fit in the same cavity as my current assembly?

Thanks in advance, Robert.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Frame
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Wheel Assembly
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi Robert,

I believe your door uses an adjustment screw set that is no longer available. Comparing the size of the two rollers it looks like you could use the 84-074 as a replacement. However I believe it would be easier to use the 84-001 wheel along with the 84-502 adjustment screw. When we used to manufacture patio screen doors using the 84-001 spring roller, we used the 94-502 adjustment screw. To make the hole in the screen door we used a 9/64" diameter drill bit and "reamed" the hole a little. Then we threaded the 84-502 screw into the door frame. You might be able to use your existing parts you already have. I believe this would be a little easier repair on the door then trying to install the 84-074 roller. But It's your call. I cannot guarantee these will work, but take a look at the related video and let us know what you think! 

How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.