Question on cutting sweep

A home owner from Kansas says:
In order to make the sweep fit my shower door, I have to cut the sweep to fit around the hinge. I have to change the sweep at least twice a year as the silicon seals on the bottom wear off and it is very difficult to cut it to fit. I have not been able to find a pre-cut sweep that will fit. Any suggestions as to how to cut it to the shape needed? I use a hacksaw and a utility knife currently, but it's not working very well as often the plastic splits. Would definitely appreciate any suggestions on a better way to cut it to fit or where to buy a sweep that is pre-cut. Have enclosed a couple photos to help explain the problem. Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! The best way to cut it in my experience is to use a fine tooth blade and mount it backwards in a circular saw or hacksaw. That should hopefully give you a clean cut.

A home owner from Kansas says:
As per your suggestion to use a fine tooth hacksaw to cut the sweep, that's what I am currently using - as I stated in my original question. This is NOT working well. Was looking for suggestions on a better method to cut the sweep to the needed shape, or purchase a sweep already cut. When I do cut the sweep to the shape, there are places on the sweep that are so thin, that it breaks when I mount it on the shower door. I don't think this was a very good design by the shower door manufacturer, but not much I can do about it now. I can't believe my situation is the only one with this type of problem and surely someone sells a precut sweep. Can you help with my original questions?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

There isn't really a better way that I know of. That's the method I've always used and I've found it worked well. I'm afraid we only sell this sweep in 32-1/2" and 96" lengths, we aren't able to alter these in-house. If you know the original installer of your door they may have this sweep pre-cut to the door. I'm sorry we can't offer an alternative solution.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.